Thinking of your retirement? We have the course for you.
Initially the course will be open to staff who are wishing to retire in the next 18 to 24 months.
The dates for the workshops are below, venues will be confirmed once people have booked onto the course. The first course will take place at Horizon Place.
8th June 2018 – Nottingham – 9.30am – 3.30pm
31st July 2018 – Lincoln – 9:30am – 3:30pm
11th September 2018 – Nottingham – 9.30am – 3.30pm
5th October 2018 – Leicester – 9.30am – 3.30pm
To attend the workshop you will need to contact HR.Services@emas.nhs.uk and book a place. Partners are able to attend. Initially the workshop will be open to those considering retirement in the next 18 months to 2 years. There will be 4 courses in 2018 and these will be held across the region. The maximum attendees is 24 therefore places will be booked on a first come first served basis. Where courses are full names will be recorded for attendance at future courses.
Lunch will be provided and staff will be paid for attendance and will not need to use leave.
The following areas will be covered on the course.
- Changes in your lifestyle and options available to build a new way of life
- Choices you need to make about your occupational pension before you leave
- Where you can expect income from and how it is taxed differently in retirement
- What different savings and investments can do for you
- Why increased life expectancy escalates the dangers of inflation and how to combat it
- How to ensure your estate is passed to your intended beneficiaries
- How to deal with long term care costs and inheritance tax
- Understand your next steps & where you can receive further guidance & advice
Need any more information? Please speak to your local HR services.
Posted: 20th April 2018